Monday, May 19, 2014

What programming language should I learn?!

Ok, I am 14 years old and i really like playing games. I would love it if i would be able to make my own games! I have some little experience with c++, python, objective-c,FMS Logo but it is really not much! I really don't care what platform the programming languages is best for (computer, www, iPhone) because I just want to make my own games with 2d graphics and maybe 3d later on.

I also need a programming language that won't take months just to understand the basic basics!
I heard that Python, Objective-C, Ruby are powerful and easy to understand but i just can't find any in-depth tutorials on the internet for learning them. I have a Apple Mac Mini, iPhone 5C and a iPad mini so please do not recumbent me any android or windows based stuff.

i really hope that someone will take time and answer me the question the best he can because i really want programming as my big hobby and maybe a job later! If you really have time please answer me those questions! Please!

1. What programming language do you recommend and why?
2. What is the best platform for the programming language to work on?
3. Are there any additions to the programming language that can make 2d game making even easier?
4. Where can i find in-depth tutorials for game making in this programming language?
5. How long will it approximately take me to learn the syntax and the complex functions if i program 1-2 hours each day?

Thanks everyone who takes time to answer these questions!

Read more: What programming language should I learn?!