Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good books for fifth-sixth graders?

My sister is just finishing up fifth grade. She HATES reading. But she really needs to if shes gonna get through middle school and well, the rest of her life. She will only read picture books, that are way below her grade level. She has read all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, but she needs something without picture and with a good vocabulary. When i was her age, i hated reading too. But then my mom said she would pay me ten bucks to read White Fang by jack london. Since then, ive been a reader. And aced all my english classes. I get that she is different from me, but she needs to get off her ipad and into something productive. It seems to me that she will like something that is humorous and has lots of adventure. I showed her one of my childhood favorites Cornielia and the Audacious Escapades of the Sommerset Sisters and she wont read it. Any recommendations?

Read more: Good books for fifth-sixth graders?