Friday, June 27, 2014

Is he lying about giving me herpes?

About 2 weeks after first having unprotected sex with my boyfriend, I noticed some lesions near my genitals, and a lab test confirmed that it was herpes. I had never had a breakout before that. He got tested too and said his results were negative, but I didn't believe him because my doctor said it's very likely that he gave it to me based on the timeline.

I asked him to show me his test results and he showed me on his iPad, since they were sent to him on a website where you can log in and access your results. I never saw him log in though, it was already pulled up on the screen when he brought his iPad over to show me.

The last person I was with before him was a couple months prior, which means that my first breakout would have occurred about 2 months after contacting the disease.

Is this possible? Or did my boyfriend give it to me? I really don't know what to think. He would have gone to some serious lengths to make fake test results but the timing of being with him was typical of new herpes infections. Please help!

Read more: Is he lying about giving me herpes?