Thursday, June 26, 2014

Opinion on story books for iPad?

I've been looking into getting more apps for our iPad because it's kind of lame what we have, but finding it hard to find ones my younger son would like that I don't mind too. I got the Pop Out Tale of Rabbit which is an app that reads the story and has some interactive things. It's pretty low key (which is good for my son). He LOVES LOVES LOVES it. I think partly it's the person's voice-we have the audio tape of it and it's the same person reading it and he likes that too- but on this app he likes the interactive aspect too.

I know there are lots of apps like this one. I was looking at the Sandra Boynton ones because we like her books, and a few others… BUT I feel like we read books together and it's sort of a social thing. My son is autistic so I wonder if taking something social that he does and turning it into screen time is a good idea… Also, I like that he likes BOOKS. Will these ruin his appreciation for books? I'm just on the fence about this.

What do you think about this?
Added (1). *Pop Out Tale of Peter Rabbit, that should say

Read more: Opinion on story books for iPad?