Friday, June 20, 2014

What to do with an issue dealing with my niece?

My niece just turned 12 years old about a week ago. Her mom is gone at times because she travels for work in the fashion business. My niece's step dad is at home but, he works 3rd shift though. Which they live with my mom, my younger sister, and I. My mom + younger sister are disable. Which I'm a healthy normal human being. So the issue is that when my niece's parent are not home she acts like she can let things slide. Like she doesn't do her chores on time she does them very late or doesn't do them at all and forgets them. She always uses my younger sister Ipad way more than her. She's always playing games. She's always leaves her toys on on the floor + clothes. It happens more than once. Even when I tell her to stop doing something or to do something she doesn't quit listen to me. But when her parent tell her to do something she does it. I get it that I'm not her parent, but it's still my responsibility though when her parent are not home. I don't want her to walk all over. I do want to talk to her step dad (which is my older brother) about it but, how in a nice way though? Give me some advice what to do. My mom would tell me to let it go but, the thing is that I live with them too.
Added (1). I'm 20 years old by the way…

Read more: What to do with an issue dealing with my niece?