Thursday, June 5, 2014

What would it take to get a camper to be powered by solar panels?

Ok so I am going to start off by saying this is not my idea, but my cousins. They legitimately think that Obama is the Antichrist, and what to outfit a camper to be self supporting. Their idea is to put solar panels on the roof. Now its not that big, maybe a small 10 foot pos travel trailer. I tried to explain to them that solar panels will not generate enough power to do this. It is my understanding that in order to get any kind of actual power out of them, you need the thousand dollar commercial ones, and they dont have enough money to even get an apartment to live in right now. They seem to think that they can generate enough power to live off of, even though they are also addicted to their computers, Ipads, and general technological luxuries. It just seems to me that it is impossible to do it, but they stand by that it is entirely possible. How much would it cost to get solar panels strong enough to power, the general necessities they would need?

Read more: What would it take to get a camper to be powered by solar panels?