Thursday, July 17, 2014

Buy a macbook or get a iPad?

So my current laptop which is a sony vaio e series 2012, is not broken however I cannot fold the screen down so it closes like a normal laptop. If I try to do this then the plastic that make the top of the laptop will start to come apart (No idea how this happened or what broke but this just happened a couple of days ago). The laptop works like normal everything is the same is just I can't transport around with me in a backpack, the only thing I can really do is keep it on my desk. Being a college student carrying my laptop around to the library or class is pretty essential so I don't have to go back to my dorm room to use my laptop and such.

So my dilemma is this, since I do have functioning laptop but I'm a college student(sorry I already mentioned this.) who is accustomed to bringing his laptop to the library to study and to class to follow along with the powerpoints during lecture. Should I purchase a new laptop (I'm leaning towards macbooks because they are sexy, function well and the build quality is good which will help prevent the hardware from breaking in the future) OR should I buy a iPad to bring to the library and class and etc?

Let me know what you think.

Also please don't leave suggestion to other options of laptops or tablets. I know there are other options out there however I've been using pc's my whole life and I would like a change of OS.

Thanks

Read more: Buy a macbook or get a iPad?