Sunday, July 27, 2014

Going to graduate school right after Undergrad?

I graduated last fall with a degree in Political science, I tried to find some work so that I could have a gap between Undergrad and grad (Wanted to wait a year). However, Jobs in my field require a Masters degree or higher. I applied a few months ago and was wait listed at a couple of graduate program in DC. I was told the spots were secured, today the admissions secretary called me and offered me a spot but I would have to accept it now, it starts in two months.

I feel like when I graduate, I still wont be able to find a job because I have little experience (I worked at an NGO as a research Assistant and currently as a technical writer)

Will going to grad school now hurt me? I want to work in Policy Analysis, Intelligence or Consulting.

Sorry this is sloppy, it is 2 AM and I am typing on an ipad mini.

Read more: Going to graduate school right after Undergrad?