Friday, July 25, 2014

How to fix sleep schedule? Falling asleep in the morning?

Well, I am over at my father's house now and I am going home in less than a week. My dad has no problem with it, but he wants me to get on a reasonable sleep schedule (falling asleep around 2am, it's my summer vacation) from my current sleep schedule ( falling asleep around 9am in the morning and waking up at 5 in the afternoon). I have tried falling asleep, I was resting and making "night-dreams" for a little more than a half-hour (it's 4:15 now) and I still haven't fallen asleep, so I decided that I might as well stop trying. I am not tired at all right now. Is there any way I can fix my sleep schedule? I always sleep nearly exactly 8 hours except when I stay up late and there is school, and my alarm is home, so the only alarm I have is the iPad alarm, which doesn't help at all.

Please don't say fall asleep 20 minutes earlier each night, I have only 4-5 days to change my schedule!

Please don't say "go to sleep now", I haven't fallen asleep when not tired since I was much younger, and I already tried that, and I am not going to spend another half-hour "nightdreaming" just to "wake up" and realize I made no progress towards falling asleep.

TL;DR: I need to fix my 8-hour off sleep schedule and have less than a week, help?

Read more: How to fix sleep schedule? Falling asleep in the morning?