Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Which type of Router, I should buy?

Hi

I am planning to buy a new Wi-Fi router with USB port built-in for following application.
I want to create a Home Entertainment network in my home with the help of this router. Application are like:

1. Access Internet on multiple devices like smart Phone, iPad 3, Smart TV & Laptop wirelessly.
(iPad3, Smart TV & Laptop is compatible with dual band, that is both 2.4 & 5 GHz band communication)

2. Read files from the Memory device connected with the router thru USB port.
With the help of File Transfer Protocol (FTP). Read files like Accessing file to view photos, listening to music files, watching video file (Streaming video) etc.

3. Write files to the Memory device connected with the router thru USB port.
Writing files like copying any kind of files from Laptop to Memory device connected wirelessly (Network Access Storage, NAS).

Routers like:

1. Single band (2.4 GHz) with 150 Mbps speed.
Supported wi-fi protocols: Standard IEEE 802.11 b/g/n & 802.3u

2. Single band (2.4 GHz) with 300 Mbps speed
Supported wi-fi protocols: Standard IEEE 802.11 b/g/n

3. Dual band (2.4 & 5GHz) with 300 Mbps speed.
Supported Wi-Fi protocols: Standard IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n

My question is: 2nd option router can fulfil my above said requirements (i.e. Single band with 300 Mbps speed)? Or I need the 3rd one that is dual band router?

Please someone suggest me the suitable router I should buy.

Thank you.

Read more: Which type of Router, I should buy?