Friday, August 1, 2014

Should I ask a judge to drop my case for illegal search?

I ran a stop sign. At an intersection. The cop was was farther back on the cross street. I pulled into my drive and exited the car before he turned onto my street. He pulled up to my driveway and asked why I ran the stop sign. I denied I was driving. He said he saw me driving. Then he asked to search my car. I did not consent. Then he cuffed me and took the keys from my pocket and searched my car. He invaded my privacy by going through my medical diary. He searched my iPad, opened my plate of food that was covered in foil, and through everything that was in my car. He wrote me a ticket for running a stop sign since There wasn't anything illegal in my car.

Read more: Should I ask a judge to drop my case for illegal search?