Saturday, August 23, 2014

Should I get a new laptop or an iPad for college?

I currently have a Sony Vaio laptop that I have had for a little over a year. The computer still works but I'm worried that with college classes, the computer won't last until May. So I was thinking about getting a cheap laptop.

I cannot afford anything real expensive since I do not receive that much financial aid.

I will only use the laptop for school. I don't play video games or anything like that. I just need something with internet, a word processor, and the occasional iTunes.

My question is should I get a cheap laptop (they have an HP at Walmart for $299) or should I try and get an iPad (I could only get a 16gb unless I could find one on sale). Is an iPad a good product to get instead of a laptop (I would get a laptop my next semester)? I have never had a tablet before. Can an iPad do everything a laptop can? Will it have Microsoft Office (I have a disc of Microsoft office here with a code)?

Read more: Should I get a new laptop or an iPad for college?