Friday, August 22, 2014

Was I lucid dreaming?

So I've had sleep paralysis attacks before and I honestly think it's kinda cool. About a week ago I was laying down after football practice watching Netflix on my iPad. I got tired and decided I was gonna take a nap with my iPad propped up on my bed next to me, and I slept on my side facing my iPad. I remember waking up, my eyes closing, and then opening again very slowly compared to what I normally would. Then I tried to move my arms and body and I couldn't. I tried to say "Help me, help me", not really sure why but I did. Then I was thinking and I thought "Wow I'm in sleep paralysis, cool" and then I tried to embrace the situation and I looked at my iPad because I had nothing else to look at. The iPad was locked and I could see my reflection in the screen. I then saw my head distorting through the iPad screen. Then I thought I was looking at my iPhone and reading a text someone sent me, which I obviously couldn't do because I couldn't move. And then the message I was reading changed into an animated face for a brief moment. I don't really remember anything after that but I think I jerked my body really hard to get out of sleep paralysis. I am just not really sure if this is lucid dreaming or not. Thanks!

Read more: Was I lucid dreaming?