Saturday, August 9, 2014

What kind of speed camera is this?

Hi, driving in Edinburgh today doing 25mph when I was about 10 yards away from the traffic lights when they started changing, it went to Amber and then to red very quickly and I thought it was very quick change, (too quick Infact that I noticed different types of camera on top of the lights which I will get to in a minute), so just as I was going over the line it had only just turned to red, yes I'm in the wrong I know that, there was no people or anyone else on the road, there is a speed camera sign just to the left of the lights, now I wasn't speeding but did run a red light, I know on nearly every top of the lights there are small cameras these were different kind of cameras as you will see in the pictures, I've done abit of research and looked at all the other types of red light cameras and speed cameras for the UK and this doesn't seem to be there, the cameras in question are facing the traffic, there is only one on each side of the road. There are no white Markings on the road, normally there are if it's speed cameras, so is this a red light camera?

Sorry, this iPad won't let me upload photos! The camera is almost like the shape of a security camera, but not as big, a little bigger than the cameras you normally get on top of the lights

Read more: What kind of speed camera is this?