Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What Shorthand should I learn?

Long story short I'm want to use it to write my notes in College. Thus, it is a personal use―I and I alone will read my notes. And, no, I don't want to record my class, bring my iPad to type it or use ordinary long hand for handwriting.

I'm looking for the shorthand which is the fastest, and which has the less ambiguity.

Should I learn:
Pitman - May or may not be faster than Gregg, but requires a fountain pen. Most popular (I think). Most of the time a fountain pen is not accessible.
Gregg - Does not need line and heavier shading (unlike Pitman) and is fast. However, it is harder to read than Pitman.
Teeline - Easiest to learn, I believe, and least ambiguous. Way slower, or so I heard, than the two above.
Eclectic (Cross) - Least common, hardest to learn, and fastest to write.

If there are other shorthands that you will recommend to me that are not above then please include it. Also, if you will recommend Gregg which version should I use? I heard the best version is Simplified and then Anniversary.

For those who do not know Eclectic here is a comparison with it and Gregg, Pitman, and other shorthands.
What Shorthand should I learn - 1

Read more: What Shorthand should I learn?