Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Why is my internet not working?

I've been having this problem for awhile where my wifi signal either stops working or disconnects completely from one of my many wireless devices.

I have 2 pcs (1 is connected through Ethernet), a ps3, one printer, 3 ipads, 6 phones and 4 ipods that are all trying to connect through the same router. (Linksys WRT54G) I also have 4 tvs hooked on cable through the same modem. I'm not sure if this is a problem because all my devices are trying to connect at the same time or its just because I need a new router/modem.

I also have a second router that is not in use but could be used as a netwrok bridge, but I'm not exactly positive how to set one up. This one is a NetgearWNDR3700v3. I also don't know if a bridege would help because I can get connection everywhere in the house, just not on all of my devices at the same time.

Read more: Why is my internet not working?