Wednesday, September 24, 2014

How to get over my dog?

My parents separated a few months ago and I felt like I needed something to occupy myself with other than college work. So my mother promised me a puppy, he was kind of a results day present/birthday present/sorry-for-the-breakup present. We had discussed it for a while and my mother was actually the one who brought it up. She chose a Bichon Frise and I spent about £200 of my work money on stuff for him.

We had Alfie for about 10 days. I loved (still love) him so so very much. He is the sweetest, liveliest little puppy. I was looking after him, obviously he had accidents and cried but that's to be expected, he's only a baby! I went to spend last weekend with my dad and my mum promised to look after Alfie.

I came back and she'd sold him. She promised me this dog, allowed me to get attached to him and now he's gone. I had my suspicions (I saw an advertisement for sale on her iPad, asked her 'are you selling Alfie?') Her excuse was she was having a breakdown because looking after him meant she couldn't go out on the weekend.

I haven't spoken to her for two days, do you think this is unreasonable? I am devastated I no longer have Alfie but I'm more upset that she lied about selling him and didn't ask me about it. I just can't imagine Alfie with anyone else, I feel awful about it too. How can I possibly get over it? I cried myself to sleep last night. Another pet is out of the question.

She is trying to make me feel bad cos I 'clearly want her to break down'

Thanks xx

Read more: How to get over my dog?