Saturday, September 20, 2014

My iPad is unresponsive, how do I fix it?

My friend jail-broke my iPad without telling me. When I tried to update to iOS7, the update didn't even show up. He said that I needed to get rid of the jail-brake before it would work. So I decided to reset the iPad. I backed everything up on my lap top, saving photos and files. And I prepared for my iPad to be resetting for a least two hours. I plugged it into the wall to make sure it didn't die and let everybody know that they should not touch it. Five hours later, it is showing its normal screen, 'swipe to unlock'. Upon unlocking it, I have no password. I also can't open 'settings', 'safari', 'facetime', or any other app that usually comes with an iPad. However, I was able to open things like 'facebook' and 'textplus' just fine. My tech of a friend said that I needed to restart it. And so I did. For a minute, I thought it was trying to turn on. Showing the appropriate screen when it does boot up normally. The next five minutes, ten minutes, and twenty minutes, it was showing this screen. I took it again to my tech friend and he preformed a hard reset by holding the power and home buttons at the same time. It has been showing the universal 'Apple' symbol since then. Is this normal? What is going on? Please help!

Read more: My iPad is unresponsive, how do I fix it?