Tuesday, October 14, 2014

How to unlock a disabled/bricked Ipad mini?

I bought a used Ipad mini on ebay; to the best of my knowledge the original owner sold it and it wasn't stolen, but of course I can't be sure.
The Ipad is still linked to the previous user's account, and when I turn it on an activation screen pops up prompting me to sign in with their ID and password.
I will delete and reset everything anyway, so I'm not interested in recovering any data.
This is the first Apple IDevice I've had beyond an IPod nano; I only have experience with PC's and android devices, and know next to nothing about Apple anything.
I assume I can't bring it to an Apple store because I bought it secondhand from a private party, and I wouldn't be surprised if they assumed it was stolen or had a rule about unlocking IDevices for anyone but the original owner or account owner.

So is there any way to reset or unlock it, or do I have to return or resell it?

thanks!

Read more: How to unlock a disabled/bricked Ipad mini?