Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I want to see a psychologist, how to find a good one?

I've gone to counselors before about 3 times, the first one was when I was in primary school and she was in her early 20s she wasn't very helpful, my second counselor was my school counselor in high school who didn't really do much except get me out of class every few weeks for an hour and give hot chocolate while we just talked, the third one was after I graduated (I cut and stabbed my legs with a pair of scissors and got caught) a woman whom I met once and within about 15mins we were yelling at each other because everytime I answered a question she'd be like "what? What? Say it again" so I yelled my answers at her and she started screaming back at me. When I moved out of home and town, and started working and studying. I saw a doctor because I was crying a lot and hitting myself, I was referred to a psychologist ($140 p/h) when I saw her she arrived late and made me take an online test, played on her iPad the entity of the session, repeatedly looked at her watch which really annoyed me, after awhile she said things at weren't true like I said I was hearing controlling voices which I never said, asked me "why are you here?" "Why do you bother?" When it's f#cking obvious, laughed at things I said, burped infront of me, etc so I stopped seeing her considering I could get the same help from her as a could from a hobo.
I know somethings are way wrong because I can't save money, iget paranoid,I'm socially awkward, I can't make friends anymore, etc how to find a good psychologist?

Read more: I want to see a psychologist, how to find a good one?