Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ipad or tablet as a daily learning tool by school?

Last year I asked the same question but was laughed at by some answerers but the reality is here! Schools here are using ipads as a learning tool on a daily basis…

There are two schools where we are zoned, and I am undecided as I don't base my decision on how far it is from our home. Rather, which school would help my daughter learn better.

School A uses ipad on a daily basis from prep/grade 0, and students (purchase)and take home as homeworks might be on it.
School B uses ipad at times at school from Grade 1

Which do you think which would benefit the type of child who is active and prefers crafts, singing, dancing over writing?

Also, do I really deprive her from future learning if she went to School B? At the same time, I am worried that she will use the ipad all the time even after the homework is done?

My dad bought my daughter a tablet last year or so but my daughter has only played it occasionally (maybe because slow n not many games downloaded) since.

My questions are really.

1. Which school do you think would benefit children like my daughter?

2. Do you think ipad/tablets are really the better tool for learning for today's children as young as 5?

3. Do you have, and have downloaded educational games on your children's ipad/tablets? If so, since when?

Thanks!

Read more: Ipad or tablet as a daily learning tool by school?