Monday, October 13, 2014

Looking for good wireless wifi modem?

Hopefully it's relatively cheap…

There are 2 laptops, 5-6 smartphones, an iPad, and few miscellaneous devices that use wifi, though are rarely used all at the same time.
I'm looking for a wireless modem that can keep me connected to intense computer games for most of the day with low and steady ping. I also want the connection to not fluctuate after moving several rooms away (as far as I know there is nothing in the infrastructure that interferes with wifi signals).

Is there any relatively cheap modem that could do all this? I'm not talking dirt cheap, but just not really expensive. I currently have Clearwire (which isn't too great), and Comcast is being debated over (which I heard is one of the worst). Netgear sounds okay, but if you have any better ideas, please leave them along with an approximate cost.

Read more: Looking for good wireless wifi modem?