Friday, October 17, 2014

Why can't I use a certain email for my iMessage? Apple?

For my iMessage I have 3 emails
We'll just call them email 1, 2, & 3
Ok so my mum got an iPad today & since my iPhone & her iPhone share the same iCloud, both of our phones as well as her new iPad won't be able to hold everything in the one iCloud. I reset my phone & pressed 'set up as new iPhone' or something like that. I made a new Apple iCloud. Once the set up was completed I went into my iMessage setting & pressed 'add new email' I typed in my email that I wanted. It said that it was already taken/ used. I'm confused. I also have an iPod touch but the email I wanted was never used with that. The only thing the email was used as an iMessage email previously, is my phone. But I reset it and connected with a new iCloud so I don't understand why it still says the email I want is used because technically it is not. Unless of course it is still In the system of my old iCloud. How do I get it to let me use the email? Do I have to go into iTunes or iCloud and take away the email if it is still connected to my old iCloud email that my mum has now? Sorry if it is confusing, let me know what you don't get or if you need more info. Thanks in advance:)

Read more: Why can't I use a certain email for my iMessage? Apple?