Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Zeus virus pop-up from Cox?

Just recently, I had gotten those support pop-ups from Cox notifying me of an internet-connected device in my home may have been infected with the "Zeus virus."

I have my iPad, my Chromebook (HP) & my Galaxy S4 hooked up to our wi-fi. Our wi-fi (the router/modem, or whatever you call it) is directly hooked up to our HP desktop running Windows. I know that is the root of the virus, seeing as I did my research & the said virus can only be found on Windows & all of my other devices run on Android/Apple software so that excludes them from the problem in the first place. (But they get the pop-ups too because they're hooked onto the WiFi).

Cox IS my ISP, along with phone + telephone (bundle) & I was just wondering if this was legit. I've searched around the Cox support website for help on this virus & it was just a little bit odd how they didn't have ANYTHING at all for this virus, but they did for other viruses.

I've googled around & I found one, two posts regarding this problem but I'm not sure. I'm currently scanning & AVG and Norton hasn't found anything threat at all.

What do I do?

Read more: Zeus virus pop-up from Cox?