Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Caught my GF in a lie. How to confront her?

I've been with my GF for 1 1/2 years, we're both 29. She loves me, but things haven't been great for a while. In the last 8mo, she's become distant, not interested in affection almost ever, almost never wanting to be intimate.

We've talk about it, but she assures me she loves me and wants to be with me. We've had those talks for a long time, every time I suspect something is wrong. And every time, she tells me she loves me, and that she wants to be with me.

About 3 weeks ago I found out she told a friend she was having doubts about us. I found out by accident on her ipad. I didn't say anything, just tried to be more attentive and loving. Then, again on her iPad, trying to leave a love note, I find a 'note' where she's making an updated dating profile.

I confronted her, and she said she's not doing it to find someone, but was just saving stuff in case we don't work out. She looked me dead in the eye and said it. She also said she goes on OKCupid, but not for dates.

I got suspicious, and guessed her PW, and read her messages. Starting around the same time she told her friend about her 'doubts', she'd been messaging guys. Most of them just sounded friendly, but in one of them she basically said she's back and looking around. In another, she exchanged numbers with a guy who asked her for drinks.

I don't know how to confront her about this… I did a terrible thing, but it confirmed my fears. What do I do?
Added (1). FYI -- I know I never should have logged into her account, but I've been heartbroken, and my gut just didn't believe her reasons for the profile. I ended up being right, at least that's how it seems. I'm not sure if I can believe exchanging numbers and telling someone she's not really seeing anyone is harmless, and if I tell her I snooped on her then I don't think she'll ever trust me… But there's a chance it could be harmless. That's my dilemma.

Read more: Caught my GF in a lie. How to confront her?