Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hello can I use Remote Desktop with an old wireless router that has been used as an access point?

I have an iPad 2 with IOS 8 running and laptop that has windows 8.1 pro installed I know that Remote Desktop works with wifi and over the ip address I wanted to know if I can use an old wireless router the belikin 54g and I turned it into an access point but I don't know if this will work with Remote Desktop. This is one of my projects in school and I wanted to show the uses of RDP and VNC connections. In school they do have an Ethernet port but I wanted to know if I could still use it without the Ethernet cable. I am taking my iPad into school obviously it will be kept in reception for saftey and I will bring in my laptop which is quite old so I don't mind if it gets damaged. But just wanted to know if my theory would work and it would explain the uses. Thanks any answers would be appreciated.😄😄

Read more: Hello can I use Remote Desktop with an old wireless router that has been used as an access point?