Monday, March 9, 2015

Just to prove a point… Does vodka freeze?

Ok, so I have an expensive bottle of Belvedere vodka and one night I decided to leave it in the freezer.
So the backstory of why I'm asking is because my dad is an alcoholic, and it's gotten to the point where we have to hide our alcohol bottles so he won't drink it all. Well, I left that bottle not even in there for one night, only to find that there are large chunks of ice floating around in it.
Now, I may not be a chemists… But I know that alcohol doesn't freeze, and I've had this bottle in the freezer before and it's never had ice in it.
So we confronted him about it, and suddenly my bottle of vodka will have ice crystals because he searched on the iPad for an article that said that vodka will freeze with ice crystals. So I turn to you Internet, to ask… Will a bottle of Belvedere freeze?

Read more: Just to prove a point… Does vodka freeze?