Monday, April 27, 2015

Stopped by unmarked police car for speeding?


I was driving on a 70mph dual carriageway today and there was two lanes. I was in the right lane cruising at around 80mph-90mph and I had my music up and was feeling relaxed so I didn't notice anybody behind me neither did I check my speed.
I checked my mirror and saw a BMW 14 plate following me quite closely and flashed it's lights at me about 7-9 times, there was another car in front of me and I thought he wanted to get past so I kept going and when there was space I moved to the left lane, the BMW came beside me and said slow down and a hand gesture, I responded by raising my hand to say "sorry ok" and he came behind me and then pointed for me to take the exit. Came to the roundabout, and he pulled window down and said follow him to the petrol station. There was 2 of them. He then came to sit in my car, got his device (looked like a iPad) and he entered my registration no and all my details came up, he asked me to confirm them. Then told me I was doing 87mph and he felt if that car in front wasn't there, I would have jetted off even faster. When asking questions about me, I said I was a student, still in 2 years of passing, never been stopped before, and clean licence. He said I'd need a car for a job after my studies, and I said sorry for speeding then he said he's supposed to fine me and give 3 points but said he'll just give a verbal warning.

Does this verbal warning go into my record at all?
Am I completely safe and can expect to receive anything in the post?

Thanks!

Read more: Stopped by unmarked police car for speeding?