Saturday, May 9, 2015

Can anybody help and give advice on this paypal/ebay scam?


I was trying to sell an iPad on ebay and got involved in a phishing email scam online. The scammer had sent an email using the logo of PayPal and tricked me into thinking that funds had gone through to be able to sell this item. So I shipped the iPad all the way from Austin, Texas to Ceres, California without knowing that I was tricked into giving somebody an iPad with no transaction made. I have the information on the persons name and their address. What are things I should try doing? I have the serial number for the iPad as well. I have made a police report as well. What are things I should try to do? Do you know what any legal action could be taken? Please, any advice given is a big help and please do not call me stupid for this, I already feel dumb as is to have fallen for 'such' a trick…

Read more: Can anybody help and give advice on this paypal/ebay scam?