Sunday, May 3, 2015

I believe I am being scammed at school. Advice?


There is a kid at my school who claims to be poor but we are starting to suspect he is just scamming us.
He claims he does not have money for lunch yet my friends and I have seen him buying snacks after school.
He also made a comment that he takes voice lessons and where I live they cost anywhere between $30-$60 per lesson.
He wears nice clothes and he has a NEW iPad and a NEW 3DS. He also made a comment how he went to New York and saw a Broadway play during winter break.

I have helped him many times in the past, so when he didn't have lunch I told him "my mom forgot to put money in my account" which was not true, because I couldn't afford to keep him buying lunch. He got mad at me and acted like he was entitled to me buying him lunch. Then, we are both in the school musical and we do buddy bags (like Secret Santa). He got mine and gave me his sister's half eaten leftover Easter Basket. He gave me nothing I asked for and said he couldn't afford it. You were supposed to spend $15-$20 per bag. What makes me even more skeptical is that his mom works at Safeway which means she probably gets a discount on food and he does not qualify for free and reduced meals and he wont tell us why.
What are your thoughts?
Added (1). and he requested me for the buddy bag, because he thought I would not tell anyone, which is not true. My friends need to know to stop helping him.

Read more: I believe I am being scammed at school. Advice?