Saturday, June 6, 2015

How long could I run appliances on these 200 AH batteries?

I would like to try to live off the grid and am planning on getting 2 40 ft shipping containers and putting them side by side and cutting out the middle and making a little house. I drew up some floor plans in a CAD program on my iPad and it turned out very nicely, I was able to fit a master bedroom and bathroom in there, and had a guest bedroom there as well but decided to turn it into a storage room, also has a kitchen and living room. But anyways I plan on having an electric stove, refrigerator, electric washer and dryer, My Gaming laptop, 47 inch TV, Xbox 360, Wii U, internet and a few other things I might be forgetting.

I plan on getting all the energy from the sun by the way of 15 100 watt solar panels. That might be overkill or not enough im not sure, but I also want to store the energy in 200 AH batteries, which are these ones:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5S17TG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1584IKNLW8HV5

from these solar panels:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009Z6CW7O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A05654602L3XUQ70M87BV

Read more: How long could I run appliances on these 200 AH batteries?