Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I found a really good way to stop cravings. Could you try it and tell me how it went?


I found this free app on iPad when I searched for "cravings." It teaches you to do three things when you have cravings. One, think of and visualize a stop sign. Two, breathe five seconds per intake or exhale of breath so that you breathe in a set of in and out six times per minute. Three, do a posture change like smiling or squaring your shoulders back. All three techniques are shown by studies to control cravings. The first one, a stop sign, can actually be any shape and its effects are distraction. I tried only the stop sign and it already got rid of my cravings. So how about you? How did the techniques work on you?

Read more: I found a really good way to stop cravings. Could you try it and tell me how it went?