Monday, July 20, 2015

No longer attracted to apathetic husband?


we have been married for 15 years, no kids. Over the years my husband has been become lazy, apathetic and whiny. He has no goals or ambition other than for the toys he buys himself. Every time we have moved or made some type of life change, it was me who initiated it and started the ball rolling. He spends most of his time lying around on the couch with his ipad or xbox.

He makes good money, but I do as well. I do recognize I have flaws - i have ADD and am messy, and he has always claimed he is a neat freak. But instead of helping me organize or clean up, he just dumps all his stuff on top of mine. There have been times I wanted to go through everything and start getting rid of stuff and organize but I can't get him motivated to help me.

He's been complaining about his job for the past 8 years that he hates it and he's going to get laid off. He's still there and has done nothing to fix the situation.

He does work out or exercise at all. He says it's my fault because I won't go to the gym with him (even though I do exercise and am in very good shape).

As a result of all this I am repulsed at the thought of having sex with him. There is no masculinity to attract me. I have told him this and he improves a little bit and goes back to where he was. Because that's who he is. He is very attracted to me and wants to continue the marriage. I am at a loss because I feel terrible breaking my vows since there is no abuse or cheating. What do I do?
Added (1). it should say he "doesn't work out"

Read more: No longer attracted to apathetic husband?