Monday, July 6, 2015

Should I write or type my notes?


I am a hardcore color coder, I have 15 different colored highlighters, all the same high end Japanese brand. However, it takes a ridiculous amount of time to write out as thorough notes as I do then figure out a color scheme and highlight every important detail in a color that correlates with it's important-ness. (I'm one of those rare people who says "I'm so OCD" but actually has the disorder).

Anyways, I go to a college prep school and all the students were given iPad airs by the school. I bring in my laptop a lot though because the iPads have all these weird programs on them to keep students from downloading netflix and watching Family Guy in class so they don't work very well. Should I just type my notes on my laptop and color code them in a word document or write them out by hand and color code them that way?

I'm asking because I'm going into my junior year of high school and have to balance art club meetings, volunteer hours, time at the barn, horse shows, working on my fashion and other art portfolio (since I'll be applying to fashion specific and non-specific schools), taking care of my pets, working on my AP class stuff. It's going to be stressful. I type much faster than I write and I can type without looking at my key board at all so I can look at a power point at the front of the room and type. Sorry, I'm kind of rambling. Should I write or type?

Read more: Should I write or type my notes?