Friday, August 28, 2015

Ideas to write in a wedding card?


Not looking for generic but more like ideas.

Dunno what's the custom to write in wedding cards if I'm going to customize it.

E.g. Is it okay to write about how the bride and groom got together.

And when I'm closer to one than the other, should I try to keep it so it targets both or is just one of them okay?

E.g. I know the bride much better, if I want to write things more personal, it's very easy. But I don't have as much to say to the groom.
Added (1). E.g. I know the bride much better, if I want to write things more personal, it's very easy. But I don't have as much to say to the groom.
Added (2). Geez, I don't know where all these assumptions are coming from. I never said I wanted to write a story. I only had two lines in mind.

Also, I know my English isn't great and even worse using an iPad but that doesn't really matter. Do want a block of soap for Christmas or a box of Lindor or that game that your other friend already brought you or money or something well thought out?

What Beatrice and Katt are telling me is that they prefer a block of soap, a box of Lindor or some duplicate item
Added (3). At the end of the day, if it's my wedding, I rather have one thing that is not perfect but more meaningful than like 100 of similar things.

Like I mentioned already, saying just Congratulations and signing it typical because you're writing it for acquaintances. Yeah, the person that works near you who you only talk to during work, a few text messages here and there and not even a meal a month. Or your aunt's son in law's brother's wedding, yeah that guy you only see during family reunions.

Read more: Ideas to write in a wedding card?