Monday, September 14, 2015

Error 12894. Why is Apple directing me to a solution that doesn't exist?


Ok, so I tried to download a movie from iTunes and I got an error 12894 message. I contacted Apple and they said the problem was fixed and all I needed to do was go to iTunes and click Downloads if I have an iPad. I have an iPad2.

Here's the problem. Go to iTunes and there is no Downloads section. There is a Purchased section, but that does nothing for playing this movie. According to Apple, I am supposed to download it again, and do it from the non-existent Downloads section.

So (A) what's up with the stupid error 12894; and (B) by is Apple pointing me to options on its own apps that don't exist?
Added (1). Should read (B) why…

Read more: Error 12894. Why is Apple directing me to a solution that doesn't exist?