Thursday, October 29, 2015

How to restore my new iPad from iCloud back up?


I had to send a new iPad back to Apple because the display was faulty so I backed up the iPad to iCloud, put it back to factory settings and sent it back.
Apple replaced the iPad but now I can't restore my back-up. I'm using exactly the same Apple ID and iCloud account.
Inside my iCloud account the storage bar is saying 4.3GB is being used for the back-up I created but it doesn't let me select this back-up and the iCloud account doesn't show any of my photos, videos etc.
I tried updating to the latest ios software to see if this made a difference but nothing changed.
On the iPad, If I go to General > Storage & iCloud Usage > iCloud Manage Storage > Backups (My iPad Name) the backup I created is there but it won't let me do anything with it, it just says the amount of storage the backup has used.
However, this new iPad has also created a new backup which I can select and backup from the same location but I don't want this backup.

Any advice on what I can do, why this is happening?

It doesn't make any sense that a backup was created and I can't access it. Plus, It's only showing the storage the backup has used up in my icloud account

Read more: How to restore my new iPad from iCloud back up?