Tuesday, October 6, 2015

IPad Mini 3 will connect to computer but iTunes says it's not connected via USB?


I got a demo iPad Mini 3 from my workplace and I just need to factory reset it to use it. Since it was a demo iPad there is no reset option on the device currently so I have to do it through iTunes. However, every time I try to reset it through iTunes it has an error and says the iPad isn't connected to the computer. This was because it was syncing with my iTunes but my computer wasn't picking it up as a device. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the device and my computer now registers it and I can pull it up in my PC and devices, but now iTunes isn't detecting it.

So basically my computer is making it sync with just my computer or just iTunes but I need it synced with both so I can factory reset. I don't know what else to do to resolve the issue. All my drivers are updated, my iPad is up to date, I reinstalled iTunes, I've restarted my iPad and my computer several times, I've restarted the Apple Mobile Device and iPod services, I checked my lightning cable and it's fine. I just want to get this damn thing reset!

Read more: IPad Mini 3 will connect to computer but iTunes says it's not connected via USB?