Friday, November 13, 2015

Advice on applying to modelling agencies?


I just recently applied to 4 different modelling agencies in Toronto. I saw 2 out of 4 agencies in person at open calls. The agencies that I saw in person were Sutherland Models, and B&M Models. The agencies that I applied to over email were spot6 management, and Corestone Models. I brought my most recent pictures and showed B&M models my portfolio on my iPad. The agent at B&M told me that I don't currently have the look that they are going for at the moment. I asked if I could apply again in 6 months to a year and he said I could always come back. I showed Sutherland Models my physical portfolio (although I am in the middle of updating my portfolio to get more prints so I only had about 12 pictures to show Sutherland). Sutherland said they would give me a phone call if they were interested. Corestone said that I have a nice "commercial look" but I don't have the look that they need at the present moment. I am 21. I've been scammed twice since I was 18.

I am 5'9", my real hair colour is medium brown, and naturally curly. I have the right measurements for high fashion modelling. 34-24-34. At present my hair is dyed blonde because the last agency I was with wanted me to keep dying my hair blonde. Perhaps I should change my hair color to my natural color instead? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? I still want to apply for more agencies I just want to know what I should change before I apply to the other tip top agencies in Toronto.

Read more: Advice on applying to modelling agencies?