Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Games console advice?


I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old and with Christmas fast approaching, I am faced with a problem. We are not a gaming family. My husband and I don't know anything about it. My 4 year old is anti TV, computers, Ipads, anything technological. He loves colouring, arts and crafts etc. But… My 7 year old is now asking for a console, because his friends play games and talk about it. I have always said no… But now he has a plan… He is going to as Santa and then surely he won't be denied it.
I am so scared that this steals away part of his childhood simplicity. What if this causes more problems in the long run. We have limited time for everyday things as it is and spend our lives running around, how do people manage gaming without giving up something else.
Am I doing him an injustice by leaving it another few years? At least until he has had some time to improve on reading, writing, etc?
Constructive advice only please

Read more: Games console advice?