Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Should I still be feeling bad about this?


so in sixth grade (three years ago), I wrote a dirty fanfiction about one direction. I don't really know why I did it; probably peer pressure. It was really stupid.

then my friend decided to send it around my class and it got to the principal and I was suspended for a day. I'm not the same person that I was when I wrote it. I don't know if the suspension was put on my transcript or not, because I was always a stellar student otherwise. As soon as it happened, I'm pretty sure I deleted it from all possible places on my iPad.

it was very embarrassing at the time because my parents and my friends' parents read it and I thought they judged me for it at the time, and I developed depression. It was rather traumatic.

my classmates thought I got it from online because it was very well-written. I got a lot of compliments from other people about how well written it was, and my principal even recommended a writing camp to me. Every now and then I get curious and try to find a copy of it.

I laugh about the whole event now, but at the time it made me feel really really isolated because my class was small and I was with them from kindergarten to eighth grade. But I was wondering-- should I still feel bad about it? How can I let go of the past? Thanks!

Read more: Should I still be feeling bad about this?