Wednesday, December 23, 2015

How should I approach this traumatically embarrassing event?


So our school was having a pep rally yesterday and I was one of the participants. Yesterday was our last day of school for the year and we are currently doing winter break. So I'm on my high school's basketball team and we were apart of the event when our part was to do a scrimmage and shoot hoops.

I have a crush on this girl at my school, I knew she was watching so I wanted to impress her. So I decided to have one of my teammates throw a alley oop to me over three defenders and transition, here's the sad part… I missed the catch, went down, landed wrong, and snapped my leg in HALF. The whole gym went silent and started screaming. They had to immediately rush me to the hospital! I'm not going to go all in detail about the rest, but right now I'm on my iPad resting and how can I recover from this event mentally and physically during winter break?

Read more: How should I approach this traumatically embarrassing event?