Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I cant view certain webpages on my device?


So here's the whole story.

Yesterday, I was unable to surf the net since most of the pages wont load, but the thing is, youtube was the only one that worked fine with my net and I was even watching those videos in 720p-uninterrupted and smoothly.

I tried to search for remedies including flushing my DNS through the command prompt on windows 8 and then restarted it - nothing happened.

And then I tried to change some settings in my DNS server-in the TCP/IPv4. I changed the Preferred DNS server to 8.8.8.8, alternate to 8.8.4.4., I saw that nothing happened so I flushed my DNS again and restarted and then it finally worked.

The mysterious thing was the next day, I started to use my iPad and note 5, they worked fine at first but then suddenly I can't surf the net (again) and it said that there wasn't an internet connection. (Though youtube was doing perfectly fine, again. Until it looses the ability to stream videos an hour later.)

And now, I really feel weird since I am the only one who is able to use the internet (through my laptop), since all of the mobile devices here in the house are unable to connect to the net.

I am hoping that someone could explain this to me and tell me what to do:) I am sorry if the story was kinda terrible, please comment if you want to clarify something. :) I really wanted to get this fixed but I don't know how, since the tech support of our internet is lame.

Read more: I cant view certain webpages on my device?