Sunday, December 27, 2015

I need to know my options regarding gaming and going to college on PC?


Im going to college, and I am a PC gamer. I am also a Bio major, nothing too heavily endowed in tech, coding, math, or anything of the like. People in college right now, would it be worth the money to buy a gaming laptop for upwards of 1400 and retain complete mobility(depending on the laptop) for use in classes, or bring a micro-atx form factor desktop for my dorm and use a tablet with a keyboard for classes?
I would only be buying a desktop, no keyboard, monitor, etc, and I already have a tablet (Ipad Mini 1).

Also bear in mind I'm not going light on the pc specs either, I plan on at least using an I5-6600k and a High end Pascal GPU, so even though my case will be small
( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133274 This one to be exact) my performance will be big, compared to the mediocre performance of laptop hardware.

Essentially, is the mobility of the laptop worth not having a desktop, even if you can have a tablet for classes?

Read more: I need to know my options regarding gaming and going to college on PC?