Saturday, December 5, 2015

Why is the moon not in the sky?


Ok so I'm no astronomer or anything but I just went outside at home. I am near Mishawaka, Indiana out in the counry and I was looking at the stars and everything because it's a very clear night. I have that app on my iPad that shows the constellations and all of the planets and such (I can't remember the name of theapp of the top of my head). I typed into the search "Moon" and it said the moon was below us and wouldn't rise for another 4 hours and 48 minutes. This was around 10:20 p.m. EST. So why is the moon not in the sky yet? Does it have to do with the time of the year or month because just recently I could see the moon around this time even earlier. So what causes this? Thanks ahead of time.

Read more: Why is the moon not in the sky?