Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Interested in Journalism as a career, but want to live and settle in California?


I'm interested in Journalism as a career (I am 16, approaching 17. Trying to get a vague life plan outline) but my long-time goal since I was younger was to move to the United States, specially California.

Would Journalism allow me to acquire a permanent working visa (and then I can apply for residency). I doesn't require an actual degree, however I am thinking about starting a blog featuring interviews, reports and personal perceptions of the world of which I experience. Thinking this might give me practise as well as help with university applications etc.

But would this allow me to relocate to the United States in a short enough time, and if not, can anybody give me pointers in how to require a career and eventually be a permanent resident in America. I'm looking to do a degree in History and mah be applying to Cambride university. My other choices of career include being a professor of history. So something in this field, although I do wonder about good job opportunities in the USA with a history degree which can support me comfortably in an expensive state such as California.

I am a British citizen living in the United Kingdom by the way.
Added (1). Excuse any spelling mistakes, I typed this fast on my iPad.

Read more: Interested in Journalism as a career, but want to live and settle in California?