Friday, January 22, 2016

What CAN'T a iPad pro do for people in design?


I am going to school currently for illustration & design, and I am currently looking into a way to make drawing digitally feel more natural to me and also mobile. My main thing I do not want to do is spend money into 10 different products to finish a product, and I am wondering why I keep hearing that the iPad pro "can't create finished work, and you will have to finish it up on a desktop".

I feel like people are falling into the traits of how they run a workflow and how they are used to do things.

Really what I want to know is if I get a iPad pro, and I am not used to adobe on PC all the much yet what limitations will I really come across as a semi-professional wanting to make great designs.

(Side note, I have tried a surface pro 4 i7, and it could run full adobe programs, but touch on that is AWFUL! Not to mention the device crashed all the time with only having it for a day. I have also bought a Wacom Intuos Pro, and kind of works out, minus the fact that it's not mobile at all and will probably only work for me at home, not at school.)

Thank you for taking the time to read my question, let me know if you need anything else for me to add!

Read more: What CAN'T a iPad pro do for people in design?