Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Best way to teach a kid to read?


my brother is 6 years old and is struggling to read. He gets very frustrated when he tries to learn and doesn't get it right away.

he is also in an ESL 1st grade class (but i feel like this has not helped him) and he's possibly can be held back and i don't want that to happen.

how do you teach a kid to read?
he seems to have no interest in learning. I'd tell him a word, and books i find to read are repetitive so they'll have the same sentence structure of a few words but he forgets it right away and thats very frustrating for me as well, because he can remember things getting on the ipad to play games but he can't remember words he sees/hears repetitvely

i dont know what to do… I feel very pressured to teach him and thats not my job but my parents aren't good with english and his school gives so much work that its not helping him at all

Read more: Best way to teach a kid to read?