Tuesday, April 5, 2016

If I buy a Surface 3 will it last at least 5 years?


I've bought a tablet in the past that was outdated practically when it hit the shelf. It was an LG G-Slate from T-Mobile. Although it boasted a 64gb hard drive, the thing has been pretty much useless nearly ever since I bought it. I still use it since it has an HDMI port that allows me to show videos on bigger screens. But I can't get apps for it because the OS was outdated when the tablet was new in 2010.

Looking to replace both my tablet and laptop the Surface 3 seams just right for my needs. But will I be able to get a few years out of it? My laptop is 10 years old and the only drawback about it is it's slow. I'm actually very happy it's lasted this long. The battery even still gives a decent charge.

But would I be better off in the long run with a more expensive Surface Pro 4? Since I have Windows based programs my only other alternatives would be to get both a Windows laptop and a tablet of either Android or Apple's iPad. But would that really be any better than just a Surface 3?

Read more: If I buy a Surface 3 will it last at least 5 years?