Saturday, April 23, 2016

What's with all the Weeboos hating anime dubs?


What's with all the Weeboos hating anime dubs?
Added (1). Just because some people, like myself, like dubbed, it doesn't mean we are "noobs", or can't enjoy the anime for what it is. Whenever I watch subbed, I get extremely frustrated, because if I look away for even one second, I miss a bunch of dialogue, and have to rewind. I watch anime on my iPad, and there isn't a 10 second, or 30 second back button. I have to manually rewind, and sometimes the player will jump father back than I told it to
Added (2). go, and I have to re-watch 45-60 seconds of dialogue I've already seen. So, for me, it's easier to just watch it dubbed. I can relax, and if I'm slightly distracted, I can look away for a sec without missing anything that's said. Plus, I like hearing my own language when I watch anime. I'm learning Japanese, and I watch anime in Japanese when I'm trying to learn, but if I'm watching anime to enjoy, and relax, I'd rather watch it in English. So, all you people claiming to be "purists", please try
Added (3). to understand that most of us have a reason behind watching dubbed rather than subbed. Sometimes I feel like all these "purists" watch anime in Japanese, just so they can brag how much more superior they are to everyone else. (Original post by Maelui Yumiko)

Read more: What's with all the Weeboos hating anime dubs?